One challenge today, and I think I like it. It is being hosted by Trees of Reverie, and here’s the challenge:
The Challenge: You’ve just started to work at a bookstore (or library) – what are your top ten go-to book recommendations?
- You may select any TEN BOOKS of your choice. These books can be from a specific genre, or you may like to choose a few books from various genres.
- Make a list of the TEN BOOKS that you’ve selected. Make sure to include the title and author of each book.
- Why did you choose these books?
- What would you say about each of these books when recommending them to a customer or library patron?
- What would be close favourites for book recommendations that didn’t make it onto your list?
- Is there anything else that you’d like to mention about the books you’ve chosen to include on this list?
- How you wish to complete this part of the challenge is completely up to you, but remember that the more you do, the more you and your fellow bloggers will get out of the challenge.
My Top 10 Recommendations, in no particular order:
The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern: This is always the first one to pop into my head to suggest, if someone’s not read it before. It’s the most unique book I’ve ever read, it has beautiful imagery, it’s just all around *special*!