I’ve loved watching everyone’s 2015 goal videos on Booktube! So I, of course, had to do one for myself. Here’s my video (to be added), but I will also list my goals down below. I’ll try and explain those that need it, but all the details, with probably better explanations, will be in the video!
Bookish Goals for 2015:
– Read 50 books
– Re-read at least 6 books (5 more, besides re-reading the entire HP series)
– Read at least 6 kindle books (that I already have)
– Read at least 4 TBR jar picked books
– Read 1 classic book
– Catch-Up/Finish series: Unfortunate Events, Lunar Chronicles, Wings, The Last Survivors, Lux, among others
– Keep up better here, on my book blog. Do more REVIEWS.
– Continue 2 videos a week, with more original content: more REVIEWS.
– Keep a book diary
– Create a book bead necklace
Challenges/Readalongs/Groups I will be participating in:
– #YEARATHON Readathon: one read-a-thon a month, the first full week of every month
– Little Book Club: reading one voted-upon book a month (or, might be changing, to every 2 months?)
– BookSplosion Read-along: reading one book a month
– Harry Potter 7 Book Readalong: Re/Reading all 7 Harry Potter books over the months of February and March, with an all-day-8-movie marathon at the end
– Finish That Series Challenge: Reward badges for different levels of series completed over the year
– The Neverlanders: Middlegrade book readalongs
– Reading Adventures Book Club: 3 books picked each month, readalong your choice of book/s
– 2015 Reading Challenge: A list of challenge books to read over the course of the year
*** For the Readalongs/athons I only participate in the months that I already have the books, or for books that I want to read, and skip the others. This, also, does not include any other read-alongs/-athongs I come across and happen to join in, including Booktube-A-Thon, Bout of Books, and others.
Book Bead Necklaces
I found this idea on Pinterest, and it’s original intent was for school/classrooms, to encourage kids to read, but I thought I could alter the idea to do something fun and interesting, for myself. Beads for a number of books, and/or milestones, and/or completed challenges…something pretty for me to complete, and would represent the books I read this year. If you have any thoughts on this, or ideas, PLEASE leave me a comment on it! 🙂