Heeeeeeey. Long time, no blog! And no read…hence, the no blog.
I don’t think I mentioned it, but we moved…like, about 6 months ago. I have read very little since then. I think I’ve read 3.5 books since mid June….meaning, I read half of a book before we moved, the rest after we moved, plus 3 more. I’m certain they only happened because I was *SO CLOSE* to my Goodreads goal of 50 books, and I couldn’t just not make it. I read 51 books…the extra one only because it’s a book I’d read to my kids for school! haha
Anyways, thought I’d tell how my goals went this year (*spoiler* not so well), and what I plan to TRY and do for 2018.
My 2017 Goal Page ended up looking like this:
– Read 50 books | 51/50 *COMPLETED 7/28*
– Complete 8 series (I actually completed a goal!!)
1 – Girl Online (1/3)
2 – Giver Quartet (4/4)
3 – Locke & Key (6/6)
4 – Just One Day (3/3)
5 – Lara Jean/To All the Boys (3/3)
6 – Double S Ranch (2/3)
– Book-to-Movie Challenge: Read 1 book/movie adaptation per month | 4/12
January A Monster Calls, by Patrick Ness
February The Giver, by Lois Lowry
June 13 Reasons Why, Jay Asher
October Mr. Popper’s Penguins, by Richard Atwater
– Read from my TBR Jar, at least 6 books: Draw 3 titles and do poll for which title to read that month:
One Two Three Four Five Six (…crash and burned…)
– Read new releases as they come out. One a month, “Newly Released” within the last 3 months. (I did good…until close to moving time. Once I packed up my books, I didn’t buy new books, anymore.)
January Home On the Range, by Ruth Logan Herne / Collapse, by RJ Infantino
February Girl Online Going Solo, by Zoey Sugg
March Caraval, by Stephanie Garber
April The Roanoke Girls, by Amy Engel
May Always and Forever Lara Jean, by Jenny Han / Every Heart a Doorway, by Seanan McGuire / Peace in the Valley, by Ruth Logan Herne / Geekerella, by Ashley Poston
– Do not buy more than 5 books per month. (FAILED the first 5 months…but I think I’ve only bought about 6-8 books, total, since moving, so it may actually have averaged out. But I don’t have a count at the moment.)
– Unhaul 35 books by August (initial goal, may be changed to 20 by end of April) (??? No idea if this evenpanned out or not…)
Host the Big Winner Challenge
Participate in 6 buddy reads. (Another crash and burn…)
So let’s see…I did complete 2 of 9 challenges I set for myself in 2017. For sure, failed 5, and I don’t know the results of the last 2, which isn’t a win, necessarily. haha
NEXT YEAR, for 2018, I’m gonna keep it simple. Gonna continue sticking with my Goodreads goal of 50 books (I may not reach it this year…). I’m not sure I’m going to add any other challenges…I think simply just reading is going to be a challenge in itself. I have an almost 2 year old, very independent and demanding toddler, and this is our first year homeschooling 4 older kids, which takes up a lot of my time, nowadays. I don’t even know if I’ll continue my Booktube channel right now (I haven’t posted anything there, either, since we moved…). So my only other goal is going to be keeping up here. I will be posting something over on my goal’s page to help keep me accountable. Maybe I’ll try making a *short* list of specific books I’d like to read this year, like I did in 2016.
If you’re still around, and still reading, I appreciate it!